Description: A window appears in front of the Design loading screen stating Configuration system failed to initialize.
Solution: Review the following to resolve the “Configuration system failed to initialize” error message. DS|Design uses a hidden configuration file that has probably been corrupted and deleting it should fix the problem, please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Close DS|Design (if it is open)
- Enable the option to show hidden files (if you already see hidden files, skip and go to the next step)
- Delete the DynaSCAPE_Software directory in the following area:
- In Windows XP & 2000 browse to: C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Username\Local Settings\Application Data (where Windows Username is your Windows account name)
- In Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 browse to: C:\Users\Windows username\AppData\Local\