Using the Account Import Utility
Importing your Accounts into Manage360 can help with the initial setup process. Using the Account Import utility will allow you to do this when you are ready. The import utility uses a .CSV file (typically created with a spreadsheet program like Excel or Numbers). Only Manage360 Users who have either Administrator, Owner or Settings Administrator will be able to use this utility and it can be accessed from the main Accounts list page or from the Settings page (in the ‘Account Settings’ section).
We have provided a link to a template/sample file (on the Import page) that lists all of the relevant information required.
NOTE: It is important that the order or the columns on the sheet is not altered. All of the columns are required on the spreadsheet although not all need to have data. Additionally, the column names must match exactly.
All of the columns on the spreadsheet will be detailed here so it will be easy to understand what is required and how the information will be added to Manage360.
File Format #
The following columns are available for import (required columns will be indicated as well)
- AccountName (required) – This is the name of the Account in Manage360. If the name already exists in the Manage360 site then a warning will be issued as duplicate Account names are not allowed in Manage360. If the same Account Name is used multiple times within the spreadsheet itself (and does not already exist on the Mange360 site), then any additional contact information will be imported as Secondary contacts to a single Account (the Primary status is determined based on order in the list.
- PrimaryContactFirstName, PrimaryContactLastName – First and Last name of the account contact. If both fields are left blank, the import will attempt to use the Account Name as the contact name (using a Lastname, Firstname breakdown)
- AddressLine1 – The main address information of the Account.
- AddressLine2 – Additional address information (NB: This will only be available for Manage360 customers in the UK).
- City – City information for the Account
- State/Province (required) – State (US) or Province (Canada) information for the Account. If this field is left blank, the default State/Province from Manage360 site will be used (this can be seen/changed from the Settings page in the ‘My Company Settings’ section)
- Postal/Zip – Zip code or Postal Code for the Account.
- AccountPhone – The main phone number of the Account.
- AccountFax – The main fax number of the Account.
- AccountEmail – the main email address of the Account
- AccountType (required) – There are 2 options for this field: ‘C‘ for Commercial or ‘R‘ for Residential
- BillingName – If this field is blank, then this Account Name will be used. If the Billing Name matches the Account Name of another entry, then this Account will be linked to the other Account for Billing
- BillingContactFirstName – First name of the Billing Contact, if blank, then the Primary Contact will also be set as the Billing Contact.
- BillingContactLastName – Last name of the Billing Contact, if blank, then the Primary Contact will also be set as the Billing Contact.
- BillingAddressLine1 – Billing address of the Account. If blank, the main address will be used.
- BillingAddressLine2 – Additional address information (NB: This will only be available for Manage360 clients in the UK).
- BillingCity – Billing city. If blank, the main city will be used.
- BillingState/Province – Billing State or Province. If blank, the main state or province will be used.
- BillingPostal/Zip – Billing Postal or Zip code. If blank, the main postal or zip code will be used.
- Sales Tax (required) – Tax code (up to 4 characters) from Manage360. ‘EXMT’ is the only default code in Manage360, and others can be added from the Settings page by going to the ‘My Company Settings’ section and selecting ‘Taxes’.
- PaymentTerms – Payment terms (such as Net 30) for the Account. If blank, the default option from the Manage360 site will be used (this can be seen/changed from the Settings page in the ‘Account Settings’ section). If the Payment Terms used do not already exist in Manage360, they will be added automatically.
- Region – Typically a geographic grouping for the Accounts. If it is blank, ‘Not Applicable’ will be used. If the Region does not already exist in the Manage360 site (Settings page in ‘Account Settings’ section) then it will be added automatically.
- Community – Additional community information. This is a text box in Manage360.
- AccountRating – Information about the rating of the Account. If it is blank, ‘Not Applicable’ will be used. If the Account Rating does not already exist in the Manage360 site (Settings page in ‘Account Settings’ section) then it will be added automatically.
- SalesPerson (required) – The Sales Person who will be assigned to this Account. They must already exist in the Manage360 site.
- LeadSource – How did the account hear about us. If blank, the default Lead Source will be used (this can be seen/changed from the Settings page in the ‘Opportunity Settings’ section). If the Lead Source used does not already exist in Manage360, it will be added automatically.
- SourceDetails – Additional detail about the Lead. This is a text box in Manage360.
- PrivateNotes – Specific notes about the Account can be entered here. This is a text box in Manage360.
- ContactHomeNumber – Home phone number for the Primary Contact.
- ContactWorkNumber – Work phone number for the Primary Contact.
- ContactCellNumber – Cell number for the Primary Contact
- ContactOtherNumber – Additional contact number for the Primary Contact
- ContactEmail – Email address for the Primary Contact
- ContactFax – Fax number for the Primary Contact
- InvoicePrintLater – This is used with QuickBooks to set the Print Invoice Later field. Please use either ‘Y’ or ‘N’. If blank, it will default to ‘N’
- InvoiceEmailLater – This is used with QuickBooks to set the Email Invoice Later field. Please use either ‘Y’ or ‘N’. If blank, it will default to ‘N’
Using the Import Utility #
The import into your Manage360 site is started from either the Accounts List page or the Settings section. Either of these options will open a new window to start the import process. The Sample file can always be accessed from the import window.
The Account List page has an Import Account button:
or Accounts can be imported from Settings:
In the Import window, the Sample file can be downloaded. Once it has been completed and saved, then the Import itself can begin by clicking the ‘Import’ button to browse to your file.
If there are any issues or errors, they will be listed in the Account Import window. The errors list can also be downloaded for viewing if desired. Once there are no longer any outstanding errors, the file will be imported to your Manage360 site.