Resolutions and detailed instructions below.
- Plant Picture Catalogue cannot be exported from DS|Design.
- It completes all of the steps and then fails after the final save location and name is selected.
- DS|Design hangs, becomes non-responsive
- No error message appears
- Microsoft Windows 10 update KB4557957 or KB4560960
Detailed instructions for these options can be found below:
- Update Windows. Microsoft’s July 14th Windows update has resolved this issue. Please try updating Windows before uninstalling Windows Updates.
- Update DS|Design.
- v6.6.1 has been released which improves compatibility with affected Windows Updates.
- For users that need a quick fix or who are not able to update their Windows OS to a current build.
- Last Resort
- Uninstall the affected Windows Update.
- This original resolution still works but Windows 10 updates can only be paused for a limited time.
- For security reasons, the preferred resolution is to update Windows.
Update Windows 10.
Even if you have automatic updates turned on you may have to navigate to the Windows Updates page and click “Check for Updates”
Update DS|Design to v6.6.1.
You can find instructions for updating DS|Design here: How do I check for updates?
Once you have updated DS|Design, try creating the Plant Picture Catalogue. If that fails, restart DS|Design, begin creating a new Plant Picture Catalogue, File > Export > Plant Picture Catalogue > Next > uncheck the Resize Images Images option. With this option unchecked, you may have to manually resize your plant images to avoid out of memory errors.
Note: For security reasons, the preferred resolution is to update Windows.
Microsoft has confirmed that a recent Windows 10 update released June 9th is causing “print spooler issues … which might also affect software-based printers, for example printing to PDF.”
This affects the DynaScape PDF Writer.
- Uninstall the Windows update until Microsoft releases a fix.
Steps (Screenshots below)
- Settings > Updates > View Update History > Uninstall Updates
- Search for KB4557957 or KB4560960 and remove whichever is present (which you have installed will depend on what build of Windows 10 you have)