Detailed instructions for creating custom library figures can be found in the Online Manual – accessible from the Help menu in Design – including information about advanced scenarios like making figures that can be clustered, colored, and managing libraries but, creating some simple figures is a good place to get started.
To create a simple custom figure:
- In the Advanced Tools, click on the second tool “Create a new library for figures”. Enter a name for the figure library, less than 8 characters and no spaces, and click Open.
- In the Advanced Tools, click on the first tool: “Create a new library figure”.
- Click on Select library… and select the library you just created, then click Open.
- Enter a name for the figure , less than 8 characters and no spaces, and then hit Enter.
- Select the items that will be part of your figure. Right-click to confirm.
- The cursor will change to an infinite crosshair. Click to set the insertion point, the center of the figure is a good spot for this. Right-click to confirm. The CLI at the bottom of the window will show a confirmation message “Figure ‘NEW1’ added to library ‘NEWFIGS.LIB’”
- Open the Tools menu and select Library Manager, click Add… and select the new library you created in step 1. Click Open.
- Restart Design to see your new figure in the Figures tab library.
Remember to back up your custom library to avoid any accidental loss. Make a copy of your (My)Documents\DynaSCAPEDS\symbols folder, and save it to a safe place.