To re-scale a drawing with a scale less than 1”=8’, we recommend that you save the DS|Design drawing file as a separate file specifically for Color by adding “–for Color” at the end of the file name to differentiate it from the original, re-scale the drawing then create a new or update the presentation in Color. Here are some instructions to help you through this:
- Open the original drawing in Design
- Click File>Save As Drawing – add -For Color to the filename
- Change the Copy Toggle, Inference and Constraints to OFF
- Go to the ‘pull-down’ menus, Environment > Drawing Page…, click on the Scale tab, change the Scale to 1”=8’ [1”=10’]and click on OK
- Go to Modes and turn All Layers On
- Open the Edit toolbox and use the “Resizing Objects by Scale Ratio”, setting the Scale value to 4  For detailed instructions please see page 7.6 in the DS|Design user manual
- Position the drawing into the drawing limits
- Click Color_Ready_Mode and then Save the drawing file.
If you have already started the drawing then you can use the Update Presentation feature in DS|Color.