Welcome to our guide on how to get more landscaping and lawn care leads for your business. As a landscaping contractor, you understand the importance of quality leads. They help you expand your customer base and boost your revenue.
In this article, we will explore various strategies and tactics to help you generate landscaping leads. We’ll show you how to calculate the number of leads you need. We’ll shed light on whether lead generation companies are worth it. And, we’ll share the most straightforward way to increase the calls and emails your business gets.
Let’s get started!
How Many Landscaping Leads or Lawn Service Leads Do You Really Need?
Leads are potential customers who have shown an interest in your landscaping services or products. They are crucial for the success of any landscaping business. Why? Because they can be converted into paying landscaping customers.
Determining the number of leads you need per month depends on several factors. This includes your business size, goals, and return on investment (ROI) needs.
FROM ONE OF OUR PARTNERS: Creating Your Own Landscaping Business Plan
To calculate the number of leads you need, follow these steps:
- Start by identifying your monthly revenue target. A monthly revenue target is a goal that a landscaping business sets for how much money they want to make in a month. It’s like having a target or a number in mind that they want to reach.
- Divide this target by your average revenue per customer to get the number of customers you need.
- Consider your conversion rate, which is the percentage of leads that become customers.
- Divide the number of customers needed by the conversion rate. This gives you the number of leads required.
Let’s say you’re a landscaping professional with a monthly revenue target of $10,000. You want to make that much money in a month.
To calculate the number of leads you need, start by finding out your average revenue per customer. Let’s say your average revenue per customer is $500. Divide your monthly revenue target of $10,000 by your average revenue per customer of $500. This gives you 20, which means you need 20 customers to reach your revenue target.
Next, consider your conversion rate, which is how many leads actually become customers. Let’s say your conversion rate is 10%. Divide the number of customers needed, which is 20, by the conversion rate of 10%. This gives you 200.
So, you need 200 leads to reach your goals of getting 20 customers and making $10,000 in a month.
What You Should Know About Free Landscaping Leads
Some websites by a lead generation company may claim to offer ‘free landscaping leads.’ But it’s important to understand the pros and cons of these leads.
- Cost saving. Free leads are exactly that—free. They don’t cost you any money.
- Testing opportunities. They provide a chance to test your landscaping and lawn care services with potential customers.
- Lead diversity. Free leads can bring in a variety of potential customers.
- Low quality. Free leads may be less qualified or interested in your landscaping services.
- Competition. Many landscaping businesses may be targeting the same free leads. This makes it challenging to stand out.
- Limited scalability. Relying on free leads alone may stop your business from growing.
What Is the Most Straightforward Way to Generate Landscaping Leads for Your Lawn Care Business?
Online directories are one of the most straightforward ways to generate landscaping leads. These directories list businesses and services in specific areas. This allows potential customers to find and contact you.
Here’s a step-by-step process to get started:
- Research reliable online directories for landscaping businesses.
- Create an account and set up your business profile. Add detailed information about your landscaping services. Include your contact details.
- Optimize your profile with relevant keywords. Use great images showcasing your previous landscaping projects.
- Update your profile to ensure accurate information.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and reviews. This builds trust and engagement with potential customers.
- Track the performance of your listing. Keep an eye on the number of leads generated and the conversion rate.
FROM ONE OF OUR PARTNERS: How to Grow a Landscaping Business
Online directories allow you to showcase your landscaping expertise. You can reach a wide range of people. These are potential customers looking for landscaping services in your area. If you are new to online directories, start with your free Google Business Profile.
A Google Business Profile is crucial for businesses to manage their online presence. It’s like a control center for your business listing on Google. A Google Business Profile is beneficial for any business, even if it’s not a landscaping company.
With a Google Business Profile, you can respond to reviews. You can also add posts, update your contact information, and set your opening hours. It helps you manage how your business appears in various places on Google. This includes Google Maps, Google Local Pack, and Google Knowledge Panel.
One of the biggest advantages of having a Google Business Profile is that it promotes local businesses. It allows anyone to review your business online. Having lots of reviews is important. It builds trust with potential customers. It also helps your business rank higher in Google search results.
One study by Semrush concluded: “For listings on Google Maps, our local rank trackers found that the average number of reviews for a listing had a significantly stronger impact on its performance, compared to average rating.”
9 Insanely Effective Tactics to Get More Landscaping Leads
- Use social media platforms. Create a profile on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Share captivating images of your landscaping projects. Engage with potential customers through comments and messages. Run targeted ads to reach a wider audience. Social media should be a leading feature of your marketing strategy.
- Build a professional website. Create a user-friendly website that showcases your landscaping services. Share previous projects, customer testimonials, and contact information. Optimize your website for search engines to attract organic traffic.
- Offer referral incentives. Encourage satisfied customers to refer your landscaping services to their friends and family. Do this by providing incentives such as discounts or free consultations. Word-of-mouth referrals can be effective in generating quality leads.
- Collaborate with complementary businesses. Partner with local businesses that complement your services. This includes nurseries or home improvement stores. Cross-promote each other’s services and share customer referrals to expand your reach.
- Attend local events and trade shows. Take part in community events, trade shows, or home and garden expos. Set up an appealing booth. Distribute brochures and engage with potential customers to create connections and generate leads.
- Try email marketing campaigns. Just over 64% of small businesses use email to connect with their customers. You can, too. Collect email addresses from interested individuals through your website or events. Send regular newsletters, updates, and exclusive offers. This keeps potential customers engaged and interested in your landscaping services.
- Invest in online advertising. Use platforms like Google Ads or social media advertising to attract exclusive landscaping leads. Target people searching for landscaping services in your area. Run targeted campaigns based on location, demographics, and interests. This helps you maximize your reach and generate leads.
- Optimize for local search. Ensure your business appears in local search results. How? By optimizing your online presence for local SEO. Claim your Google Business Profile. Create consistent citations across directories. Encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Offer free resources. Create informative blog posts, ebooks, or videos related to landscaping tips and tricks. Offer these resources for free on your website. That way, you can attract potential customers. You can capture their contact information for future lead nurturing.
FROM ONE OF OUR PARTNERS: How to Do Email Marketing for Landscaping Companies
Take Action Now
- Check your current lead generation strategy. Take a moment to see if your current strategy is actually working. Are you getting enough leads each month? If not, it may be time to make some changes.
- Calculate your lead target. Determine how many leads you need to reach your revenue goals. Think about how many customers you want and how many leads it takes to convert them to sales. This will give you a clear number to aim for.
- Choose a lead generation tactic. From the tactics mentioned earlier, pick one that resonates with you. Write down a plan of action for implementing it. This plan should include specific steps you will take and a timeline for getting it done.
By taking these three actions, you move closer to achieving your goals in the competitive landscaping industry.